I snagged this from Sassy Cat at You Won’t Tame This Sassy Cat and couldn’t resist posting it. She first posted it in 2011.
1. What ’80s or ’90s fashion did you love but would be embarrassed to wear today, even if it came back in style?
A tutu. I mean, I thought it was cute then and I still think it’s cute. I just wouldn’t wear it, then or now.
2. What current fashion do you wear and love? Or What current fashion do you wear but probably shouldn’t?
My favorite style now is Boho! Long skirts or dresses and denim jackets. I have three denim jackets, one in blue, one white and one pink. And about a dozen long maxi sundresses. I can’t think of anything current that I wear but shouldn’t. I’ve reached the age where I feel I can wear any damn thing I want… even a tutu.
3. What was your favorite toy as a kid?
My dolls… both Barbies and baby dolls. My bike was a close second and maybe my skateboard.
4. What is your favorite “toy” today?
My computer, and by extension, my cell phone and lap top.
5. Did you ever own a Sony Walkman? A boombox?
Yes I had a Walkman, which was just slightly more impressive than the transistor radios that we had in the 60’s. I did have a boombox. And I just bought a new one now so that I can listen to music while I sleep.
6. What’s the most played song on your mp3 player?
mp3 player? Ten years later… I have Amazon music on my phone, desktop and laptop. Right now it’s two… Katy Perry’s Dark Horse and Frozen’s Let It Go.
7. Who was your best friend in elementary/primary school?
I had two.. Judy and Janis. Judy and I lugged a huge wooden dollhouse between our two hours and played with Barbies. Janis and I loved our Tiny Tears and Betsy Wetsy dolls.
8. Who is your best friend now?
9. Who was your favorite musical group in your early teens (age 13/14)? Post a photo.
The Beatles, of course…
I even tried to wear my hair like Jane Asher, who was Paul McCartney’s girlfriend at the time.
10. Who is your favorite musical group now? Post a link to a song of theirs that you like.
Only one? Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Moody Blues, but a more current one is Linkin Park and my favorite song of theirs is Burn It Down. Oh and Mackelmore’s Can’t Hold Us.
Some of this video was filmed in Seattle and Macklemore attended the same high school that I did.. but many years later.
Bonus: What do you think is the secret to a good life?
To appreciate what you already have, learn new things and have something to look forward to in the future.